Friday 21 December 2007

It's definitely a boy or a girl - official

Well the 19 week 2 day scan went pretty well by all accounts -you can see the photos here. And the wee one waved to us too!



Due to the Christmas pressure, we were booked in slightly before the 20 week optimum time, and so we're going back in the New Year to check a couple of additional heart veins that Bubs wasn't forthcoming with at the time - but we're doing so on the back of being told that all appears well - which is a huge relief.

The Sonographer was very careful to adhere to Grampian's policy of not looking for the sex of the baby. She did so by lifting her scanner up at all the moments when we could have got some sort of a clue.

MTB did think she saw 3 lines though at one stage, which apparently is indicative of a girl. I must have missed that one. I know 2 lines means pregnant, but I have a feling that's not the same thing, is it?

MTB is convinced I will be disappointed if it's a girl, so, for the record, I am here, on National TV (nearly) to declare that I will be as esctatic to have a baby girl as I would be to have a boy. There, it's official!

So now, it's onwards to our last Christmas as two, as Bubs merrily tinkers with his cord and does mad somersaults for the next 4 1/2 months before being launched into this scarey, big world.

No comments: