Monday 31 December 2007

2007 - that's just SO last year...

Well that was 2007 - almost. I started the year at the Fireballs in Stonehaven, and will end it in the same place.

In between, myself and MTB have managed to create Bubs, currently a 21 week old kicking thing that's about 10 and a half inches long (from crown to foot - no longer do we measure to the rump), nearly 1lb in weight and with ickle fingernails all of its own, and who can hear all our conversations - even if (s)he can't understand them all yet.

That said, it has been alleged that I don't fully always comprehend what MTB is trying to tell me - first time anyway!

Our next milestone is 7 January, when we are back for a scan to check heart chambers and valves - but no pistons though apparently. MTB says she feels Bubs moving about quite a lot now, although I haven't felt anything yet externally.

MTB is also full of the cold just now, whnich is a real shame seeing as she's allowed A paracetomol only, and nothing stronger. If this carries on much longer, I can see her first words after giving birth not being "Hello little one" or something equally poignant, but rather "Gimme a dose of Night Nurse - NOW!", seeing as the poor thing just can't sleep at all very well.

I think our dog is also suffering too. She seems to have a runny nose, and is flatulating (is that a word?) her way around the house just now. I know from May there will be lots of gutteral smells, but please, not before.

As for New Year's resolutions, I am going to be the best hubbie and dad I can be, and I'm going to shift some weight, and pass my exams at work.

Have a great Hogmanay, or whatever you call it from wherever you're reading this from. Come midnight, I'll be cold, wet, stone cold sober and yet really looking forward to our best year ever. Vive 2008!

No comments: