Wednesday 21 November 2007

Many important issues

That's me back to work after a few days off and a visit from the parents. They've been excited since we told them our good news about 10 weeks ago, so it was nice for them to be able finally to get up here and for us to be able to show them the scan pictures and the nursery.

Work itself was - well, it's like I've never been away, frankly. I got finished virtually on time, came home and was about to settle down to a new episode of Secret Millionaire, when I found that C4 are apparently pulling a similar stunt to GR's Kitchen Nightmares and giving us "another chance to see" something they already broadcast not that long ago.

It got me thinking about licence fees, and their real worth. Should we have to pay the licence fee if we already pay Sky to receive the same broadcasts?

Then the news came on and a more important thought crossed my mind. Seeing as England totally messed up against Croatia tonight, it occurred to me that young Bubs, whether male or female, could inherit some of his dad's fast twitch fibres, ball control and competitve edge. (Mum-to be is laughing at me just now - not with me, AT me). If that happens, will Bubs, being Scottish by birth but with an English dad, want to represent England or Scotland?

I don't agree necessarily with place of birth etc, as Jesus born in barn maketh Him not a Donkey, nor even a farmer. She-Who-Cooks-Fantastically reckons Scotland. It's a debate for the future.

One for the very near future though is Sir Ian Blair - the MPA are apparently considering a vote of No Confidence in him, so says the Daily Mail today. Any takers for Democratically Elected, accountable Chief Constables?

No comments: